|Working with a Shaman|
BY MADISYN TAYLOR
Working with a shaman can be a great puzzle piece in the process of becoming whole again.
Since time immemorial, certain men and women have felt called to heal the sick, to safeguard knowledge, to guide the lost, and to commune with the spirit world. These unique individuals, known as shamans, were mystics and seers, repositories of wisdom, and keepers of herbal lore. During those periods when ignorance loomed large in the world, shamans across the globe bided their time, peacefully practicing their practical yet refined arts in the jungle, mountains, deserts, and tundra that protected them from those who misunderstood shamanism. Today, however, shamanism has reemerged, as modern men and women feel the same call to service that their ancestors felt long ago. Also, as more individuals explore the notion that healing necessarily involves the soul as well as the physical self, people are consulting shamans in their search for wellness, wisdom, and guidance.
The word shaman literally means “he or she who knows.” Shamanism is an art that has not changed in any quantifiable way for millennia and is not bound to any particular form of spirituality. It is grounded on the principle that the visible world is saturated with unseen forces that influence the lives of human beings. Shamans, in addition to acting as fonts of wisdom, are dedicated to diagnosing and curing human suffering–whether emotional, physical, or spiritual. To treat an illness, a shaman may communicate with the spirit world in order to connect more directly with the soul of their patient or with the force causing ill health. They often work closely with animal guides, plant and earth spirits, or your spirit guides, and may make use of use of herbal remedies to supplement other forms of treatment. Shamans, as intermediaries between the physical and spiritual realms, recognize that all objects are in manner alive and retain information that can be utilized to heal.
Shamanism is powerful in part because its practitioners tailor healing to the individual needs of those who seek them out. A shaman manipulates energy, giving you power where you have lost it and removing misplaced energy lurking within you. When you seek out a shaman, they will endeavor to know and understand you before treating you. In this way, they can provide you with therapies that act on your whole being, positively influencing your body as well as your soul.
|Ecstasy And The Heart (A Hathor Channeling)
Posted: 16 May 2017 11:32 PM PDT
Channelled By Tom Kenyon
We wish to speak with you in this section concerning the generation of ecstasy through focusing on the heart. We do not speak of the heart chakra in this instance, but rather we refer to the physical heart, the heart muscle itself.
This technique involves your focus, or attention, joined with the emotion of gratitude, or appreciation—which ever you prefer to use.
As soon as you focus your attention on the heart, you may notice a flow of subtle energy.
From our perspective, your focus of attention operates much like the central point of an energy vortex. This is especially true within your physical body and the field surrounding your body—your energy field—what the ancients called the aura.
Your ability to create a focus of attention is not just a cerebral, or brain, activity. It is an activity on many levels of consciousness. Wherever you place you attention within your body, or within the energy field of your body, there is an immediate flow of subtle energy to that point, or area, which has an enlivening effect upon the cells of your body, and/or the luminous light fibers that comprise your energy body.
Your focus, indeed, creates a warping effect at the subatomic levels, what you might call quantum field effects. These field-effects create distinct flows of energy, geometry and harmonics within you.
In this method, you use this ability to hold focus or attention, joined with the emotion of appreciation or gratitude. These two emotions have a coherent effect upon your energy field and upon the rhythmic magnetic emanations of your physical heart. This combination of focus and coherent emotion can be used to generate high states of ecstasy.
As we have said previously, the generation of ecstatic states of consciousness is an important evolutionary catalyst. We strongly suggest that you learn to create states of ecstasy throughout your day.
We realize that, for many of you, your daily life may not be conducive to the cultivation of such states, but we urge you to find times throughout your day where you can practice attaining these states for at least a few minutes at a time. A little bit of time spent in ecstasy is better than no time at all.
This practice will set up a harmonic or a relationship with the Earth, as a conscious living being, and with the harmonic waves of catalytic evolution that are flowing through your galaxy.
In this technique you focus your attention on the physical heart. As you focus your attention on this area, you generate the feeling of appreciation or gratitude. It is not the thought of appreciation or gratitude—but rather the emotion. In this method, thought will not activate the subtle energies needed to generate ecstasy—only feeling is capable of activating the energy vortices within you.
As you focus on the physical heart and generate the feeling of appreciation, or gratitude, a waveform of energy begins to flow throughout the body—carried by the magnetic fields of the heart, which emanate outward from the physical heart to encompass your entire body. As the flow of energy begins throughout the body, there is a spontaneous arising of ecstasy—cellular ecstasy.
Experiment with this technique. Sense what happens in your body as you focus upon your heart and generate these feelings of appreciation and gratitude. Physically feel what seems to be happening at the cellular level as the one trillion (or so) cells of your body receive this coherent energy of gratitude or appreciation.
Once you have established the ability to create ecstasy as described above, and once you are able to generate ecstasy whenever you desire it—at will—begin to experiment with your energy field—what some call the subtle energy body.
In working with this method your attention is, again, on the heart, generating feelings of appreciation and gratitude. And as you sense ecstasy beginning to arise in your body, you shift your attention to the field around your body. This field of energy looks very much like a luminous egg when viewed clairvoyantly. The wide part of this luminous egg shape is up around the shoulders and the more narrow part is around the feet.
There is a central line or axis that runs through the center of this field, and it happens to also run through the center of your physical body—through the top of the head and down through the perineum. This line is the central axis of the magnetic field that comprises the subtle energy body. This body, or field, extends above the head and below the feet a few inches, to a several feet, or even yards. In certain highly charged energy states, the axis and subtle energy body can expand much farther than that.
By shifting your attention to this central axis and to the field surrounding your body, you allow the ecstasy to move out from the physical body into the field. This is very positive and creates powerful harmonic patterns that bring you into resonance with the waveforms of accelerated evolution that are flowing through your galaxy.
Do not underestimate the powers of this technique. Though it is very simple, it is profound and effective. It will bring you into a higher state of resonance and vibration. And this is, from our perspective, crucial in order to pass through the energetic portals and transformational energies that your Earth is now experiencing and will continue to experience.
There are things we would like to say to you about your nature and your destiny, but they would, most likely, not be understood by you unless you are, at the very least, in a state of ecstasy.
And so we leave you in this moment with what may seem like a myth, but which we hold as self-evident. You are creator beings in the midst of creating your future and the future of generations yet to come. You hold within your heart a key to the Mystery of Mysteries. And the threshold, the opening into this mystery is through your capacity to enter ecstasy. Be bold and find your path, your way of living upward into this elevated state of being. Do know, however, the ecstasy is not the end of the way. It is simply the beginning.
Try the method we have laid out for you here. Experiment with the methods we have given earlier and that we will give in the near future. Enter ecstasy whenever you can. Know that when do so, you enter into communion with all the elevated beings and masters who have served and who are serving humanity. Know that when you do so, you enter into communion with your Self.
If the title of this article threw you off a bit, it’s OK—I understand why it would. After all, forgiveness is quite the hot topic. Religious leaders, spiritual gurus, and even some mental health professionals emphasize the importance of forgiveness as a part of finding true happiness and freedom. I get where they are coming from. I can understand how forgiveness could be beneficial in some circumstances. For example, if a loved one says something uncharacteristically harsh in the heat of an argument, and you would like to keep that person in your life, it may be beneficial to understand that we all sometimes say things we don’t mean when we are upset and to forgive him or her in order to move forward in the relationship.
I work with people who have experienced horrific traumas at the hands of other people. These traumas include acts of sexual abuse, rape, exploitation, and physical and emotional abuse. Some of the perpetrators are relatives and some are not. Regardless, the degree of trauma in each of these cases is significant and has had a major impact on their lives and well-being.
The people I work with in the therapy room are resilient and courageous. They are able to work through their traumas, but many get caught up on one point: They believe they are supposed to forgive the perpetrator but can’t seem to get there.
This is what I tell them: You don’t have to forgive in order to move on.
Understand that if a person comes in and finds that the word “forgiveness” resonates, I do not discourage it. We roll with it. But often people struggle with this word, and rightfully so. They do not want to imply what happened to them was in any way OK. They don’t want to excuse the perpetrator’s behavior. They feel the perpetrator is not deserving of forgiveness. The worst thing I can do as a therapist is to talk people out of the way they feel.
Emotions are important and automatic. When we can acknowledge and appreciate even the darkest, most negative-feeling emotions, they often soften and release. As soon as I say, “You don’t have to forgive,” the person usually breathes a sigh of relief.
Once we have determined that forgiveness is not necessary, we work on finding a word that will be more congruent for the person in his or her trauma work. I like the word unburdening, which is something I first heard in Richard Schwartz’s book Internal Family Systems Therapy. I understand unburdening as a letting-go process. That is, letting go of the power the trauma has over a person, expressing and releasing anger and other strong emotions about what happened without criticism or expectation of what needs to come next. This includes allowing a person to have as much time as is needed to feel whatever he or she is feeling. This may include rage, hate, and resentment, among other emotions.
It is equally important for others to refrain from pushing someone into forgiving a perpetrator. Even if the intention is coming from a good place, trying to get someone who has been violated to forgive can feel like being victimized all over again. Instead, it is more helpful to validate that the person is entitled to his or her feelings. Being a listening ear instead of trying to fix the issue is much more supportive and healing. The person needs to be able to have a voice and express what he or she is feeling and thinking without the fear of judgment.
The brain and body are so intelligent. It is important to allow the natural process of working through trauma to happen and to remove any barriers that may get in the way. This includes the belief we aren’t supposed to feel “negative” emotions or that we have to forgive. Once we remove that expectation, the natural process moves through. Even if someone doesn’t get to a place of forgiveness, he or she can still move on, unburden themselves, and thrive.
- Reticular Activating System
- (How to Use Your Reticular Activating System) to Get What you Want [This is an invaluable video helping us to connect to our bodies, thoughts and brain to create magical life experience. Note/Trigger Warning: The speaker uses the word “secretary” and genders it with the pronoun “she”.]
- Beliefs and the Reticular Activating System–How Beliefs are Created and Create Our Lives [Here is another supportive video speaking in particular to the myth of the protestant work ethic – a form of “enslavement”. Note/Trigger Warning: The speaker connects the continent of Africa to poverty, an example of imperial racialization.]
What is Frozen Shoulder?
12 Ways to Heal a Frozen Shoulder
by Dr. Christiane Northrup, M.D.
– See more at: http://www.drnorthrup.com/what-is-frozen-shoulder/?utm_source=9988964_A_CN&utm_medium=email&utm_content=5612&utm_campaign=email_Newsletter_Northrup_2016&utm_id=5612#sthash.Jz01k2qc.dpuf
Frozen shoulder is a very common occurrence in midlife women. In fact, in Traditional Chinese Medicine it is known as “50 Year Shoulder.” …
Your shoulders are located in your fourth chakra, also known as the heart chakra. You heart chakra’s job is to teach you how to deal with issues of love, compassion and a sense of belonging. Your heart chakra is weakened by all forms of grief. …
The heart chakra lies directly in the middle position of your seven chakras. It is the link between your mind chakras and your body chakras. When it is healthy, your heart chakra effortlessly balances your emotions with logic. And, when something is going wrong in your shoulders, it’s not just physical. This is why it’s so important to approach healing a frozen shoulder from all angles — mind, body and spirit. And, the very worst thing you can do is nothing, because when you do nothing, then nothing changes.
By Parminder Randhawa
Center for Shamanic Education and Exchange (CSEE)
This is a simple and powerful process that should have your space feeling lighter, filled with positive energy, more expansive and generally more enjoyable/comfortable for you to be in. The basic idea is to clear out energies of a lower frequency (what we often think of as “negative” energies) and bring in energies of a much higher frequency (what people might call “good” or “positive” energies).
So if you’re ready, here are 7 simple steps for how you can do an energetic space clearing:
1) Gather or acquire the items you will need/want. The basic items you will want are: a candle, sage stick (or palo santo/cedar), lighter, an abalone shell (or smudge clay bowl/plate), flower essence water or essential oil spray (rose water spray, for example). You can also have other items, such as a smokey quartz, or black tourmaline crystal, a turkey feather, or anything else sacred to you that you’d like to enhance the process with. The basic items can be ordered online, purchased at a metaphysical shop or at some health food stores.
1) Begin by treating the clearing as a ceremony or important ritual for which you set a good intention and ask Spirit and you allies/guides to assist you. While the basic idea is to release lower frequency energies and replace them with higher frequency energies, having a more personalized intention can be helpful. You might want to think about what you want to feel in your space, how you want it to support you, any energies associated with specific situations that you may want to have healed and released.
2) Prepare yourself and your space. Choose a central location in your home to place your items. You can see this space as a protective altar that will support you with the process. Make sure to open windows for air flow and to allow what is released to travel out. I also move things a little if they are blocking a corner or electrical socket because you want to be sure to get those areas. Speak a prayer and/or your intention and allow yourself to settle into a calm, relaxed state free of other concerns and fully present for the clearing process. Light the candle.
3) Light the sage stick. Once you light it, let it burn for a few seconds before gently blowing out the flame, and if needed, repeat the process a few times to have a solid stream of smoke flowing. At this point, you may want to smudge yourself by simply wafting the smoke around your body with your hand or a feather before beginning to clear your space.
4) Walk throughout your space with the burning sage gently directing the smoke all around the perimeter, center, ceiling, and floor of each room. You can do this by using a feather or just moving your sage stick as needed. You’ll want to pay close attention to corners where energy can get trapped, electrical sockets, and the plumbing system. Be sure to have your shell or smudge bowl to catch any little pieces of sage that fall off to prevent burns of anything they might land on. Take your time in moving from room to room and notice the change in how each area feels as you clear it.
5) After you finish clearing your space, you will want to welcome in energies of a higher frequency. You can use this by using a flower essence water or essential oil spray. Simply hold the spray and recall your intention of the energies you want to welcome in, and follow the same path you did with the previous step and spray the flower essence on each area. As you do so, feel energies of a higher frequency coming in and filling your space.
6) Once you finish welcoming in the new energies, do another walkabout around your space. This time, allow your heart to open with appreciation and gratitude for your space and the process. Set anything you had moved earlier back in place and close windows if the air feels clear of smoke or wait a little while if that feels best.
7) Lastly, go back to the center of your space where you placed the candle. Take a few moments to give thanks for the assistance you received from Spirit, your allies/guides and the items you used; give thanks for the beauty of your space and the support/shelter it provides you. Trusting that your intention is manifesting, blow out the candle.
When you are finished, you should feel good. You will, hopefully, feel a lightness to the energy in your space. Give yourself a pat on the back and celebrate your success in doing an energetic clearing of your space. If any emotions came up for you during the process, be with them and allow them to flow. When we clear out energies, sometimes emotions that were within us come to the surface to also be released. Trust the process and be gentle with yourself.